A brief video message, Hagar Australia CEO Jo Pride, sent in February last year outlines the four goals we set ourselves for the next three years. So half way there on our Strategic Plan we thought it was important to let you know how we are tracking with these goals.
Our four goals as outlined in our 2017-2019 Strategic Plan are;
1. Transform Lives
2. Advocate for Change
4. Nurture Excellence
Of course, there is a lot more in the full plan, which you can read here.
With more than 40 million people trapped in modern slavery, we are unashamedly ambitious to help rebuild as many lives as possible. Having a clear plan has helped us focus our efforts and hold ourselves accountable.
So how are we tracking?
We have made great progress on each of the four goals. Here are some highlights from the past year:
- The global Hagar network directly supported 1,126 survivors on their journey to healing and empowerment.
- 865 women and children were empowered through education and job training.
Advocating for Change
- We elevated the voices of survivors in policy debates and were part of the movement that successfully advocated for Australia’s first Modern Slavery Act.
- We reached 50 million people through the media, with stories such as this.
- We grew our income by 22% year-on-year.
- We secured a new three-year major corporate partnership and a diverse range of new small business partnerships.
- We strengthened our small, high-performing team and celebrated our incredible volunteers who contributed the equivalent of 942 hours of work.
- We recruited two new Directors, with a broad range of professional experience, to our Board.
Of course, we couldn’t do any of this without your generous support. Thank you for being part of the Hagar family and helping make this progress possible.
Together, we hope to achieve even more over the next year.