Fundraising and Communications Manager
Title: Fundraising and Communications Manager
Location: South Melbourne, VIC Australia
Employment status: Full-time position (37.5 hours per week)
Reporting to: Hagar Australia CEO
Application: Email cover letter, CV and statement against the key selection criteria to: Hagar Australia CEO, Jo Pride firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22 January, 2017
- You are a highly capable and experienced Fundraising Manager with a strong track record of successful income generation, including through successful appeals and regular giving programs.
- You have solid experience in brand management and communications, including digital.
- You are energised and excited by the opportunity to take on a broad portfolio of fundraising strategies in a vibrant, small office, working to transform the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable people.
- You are hard-working, hands-on, regularly show initiative and have a can-do attitude.
- You are confident and capable engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- You are comfortable working in a Christian organisation that respects and works with people of all faith backgrounds.
The Fundraising Manager works closely with Hagar Australia’s CEO, staff and volunteers to develop, execute and evaluate strategies to grow and diversify Hagar Australia’s income; build its brand and profile; and strengthen its relationships with supporters.
The position also works closely with Hagar International staff in program offices to develop fundraising communications.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow Hagar Australia’s fundraising, particularly regular giving, including through donor acquisition and retention, product development and entering new geographic markets within Australia.
- Conceptualise and develop the content for Hagar Australia’s appeals.
- Use digital, social and traditional media to maximise the effectiveness of Hagar Australia’s fundraising strategies
- Develop and launch regular giving and bequest products
- Ensure Hagar Australia’s CRM database (Salesforce) is being fully utilised to support each supporter’s individualised relationship with Hagar.
- Develop and manage high impact communication and media strategies that grow Hagar Australia’s profile, income and influence.
- Ensure all communications are consistent with Hagar’s international brand guidelines, and client and child protection policies.
- Prepare content (including graphic design material) for a broad range of communications, including website, newsletters, presentations, appeals and social media.
- Ensure maximum media and communications impact for events.
- Liaise with partner and pro bono PR, design and communications professionals.
- Together with the Partnerships Manager, manage key fundraising events ensuring appropriate event planning, resourcing, budgeting and evaluation.
- Build relationships with event partners and sponsors to source in-kind donations of goods and services and ensure minimal costs for all events.
Reporting and Compliance
- Together with the CEO, set fundraising targets and develop the income budget for Hagar Australia.
- Maintain accurate records on donors and partners.
- Provide relevant donor information to the Finance Manager for financial reporting.
- Adhere to relevant fundraising, privacy and do not call legislation, and the ACFID Code of Conduct.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to assist with Hagar’s fundraising, including mail outs, events and community engagement.
Key Selection Criteria
The right candidate for this position will have at least three years’ experience working in fundraising in the not-for-profit sector and will demonstrate:
- A strong track record of developing and implementing successful fundraising strategies resulting in income growth.
- Outstanding communications skills and the ability to write high-impact content for digital, email and direct mail communications.
- Experience in growing, managing, segmenting and analyzing a CRM to ensure individualized donor journeys
- Experience in fundraising product development, particularly regular giving and bequest products
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to work efficiently in a highly productive environment.
- A proven ability to be innovative, and to identify and capitalise on new opportunities.
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and mission of Hagar Australia.
Additional desirable skills, experience and qualities include:
- Marketing, graphic design, online community-building, digital storytelling or media skills.
- Understanding of the issues of human trafficking, slavery and/or gender-based violence.
- Ability to grow, manage, segment and analyse a donor database.
- Volunteer management skills and experience.
- Event management skills and experience.
A remuneration package reflecting the level of skills and experience that will be brought to the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please address all selection criteria in your cover letter. An acknowledgement letter email will be sent to confirm receipt.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview and notified of the outcome of their application. Deadline: January 22, 2016.
Click here to download the Fundraising and Communications Manager position description as a PDF.